Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June IPSY Bag - First Impression

So for those of you that have never heard of an Ipsy bag, it is a monthly subscription service that sends you makeup/hair samples to your door each month. The bag includes a mixture of brands and products. No two bags are alike and the selection is completely random. It has been something that I have enjoyed so much and it is only $10 a month! what woman doesn't like surprises, i mean come on! 

This is  my 3rd month of receiving a bag and I decided that each month I am going to share the products that I have received with my readers. This is a great way to try new products that you usually would not buy on your own, it gets you acquainted  with not so familiar brands and your products are packages in a new little makeup bag each month.


I want to apologize in advance for the quality of these pictures, they suck. I am working on getting a high quality camera and trying to decided what photo editor system i want to use...







 Not a huge fan of the bag itself this month, however I have really enjoyed the print of all my previous bags.


 NYX Butter Gloss - Eclair 

I am so deeply in love with not only this shade, but this product. It has been something that I have heard so much about and In my option it has no cons.Gives you the perfect "your lips but better" look. It goes on so smooth. just like butter. It has great lasting power for a gloss, smells amazing and is not sticky. I will soon own one in every shade!!! (swatch below)



OFRA Eyebrow Pencil

I love the color of this pencil.  i am horrible at describing colors all i know is that is a brown shade. However, I am not a big fan of the consistency of this pencil. It goes on way to think and heavy for me even after using a spooly. look how scary it looks in the picture below.  *if your looking for a cheap drugstore eyebrow pencil i would recommend the Milani easybrow automatic pencil, my shade is natural taupe 03. 


Nickak Shimmer Eyeliner - Blue

I am usually not a huge fan of colored eyeliner. I really like the pretty blue color of this product, and the lasting power is amazing. I literally had to scrub it off my hand. I am going to try it under my bottom water line this summer just to add a pop of color! They also have a ton of other pretty colors on their website.


Carol's Daughter Sacred Tiare Styling Cream

states that "proven to instantly stop shedding and frizz! no sulfates, no parabens, no mineral oil, no artificial colors, no petroleum for damaged, fragile, frizzy & unruly hair." I have only used this product one time and that was on dry hair. It is recommend to use on wet hair prior to blow drying. I have been questioning myself going back and forth on if i want to review hair care products on my blog. The reason for this is because I have very crazy naturally curly mixed frizzy hard to manage hair. i could throw in a lot of other horrible words to describe my hair. After a lot of thought I have decided that I will do reviews. I know that there are other women out there that have very hard to manage hair, and If i product that I review can help you then that would be great! With that being said, hair products are just like skin care, just because a product does not work for my hair type does not mean that it will not work for yours and vis versa. So I am going to continue to use this product and If its life changing then I will share it with you!

Real Tree for her

I am even worse at describing smells. This perfume has a pomegranate floral sent that is light but you still know that its there. Its not to overpowering, and its more of a spring/summer scent. I however, would not purchase this on my own. 






Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Michelle Phan curates the bags! Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/8oy8


Let me know what you think about IPSY! If your a subscriber tell me about what you thought about the products in your bag. 





xoxo.










I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I do recieve ipsy points if you become a subscriber using my link provided above.


No comments:

Post a Comment